Cooma Rodeo is held annually on the second Saturday of February
at the Cooma Showgrounds
Competitors will be required to enter via ABCRA Icompete by login to
approximately 10 days prior to the Rodeo
Local Events details at the bottom of this page
Boco Pastoral Company Open Saddle Bronc
Monaro Livestock & Property Open Bareback
(Monaro Livestock & Property - MLP - Find them on Facebook)
Schofield Livestock and Property Open Bull
Schofields Shearing Ladies Barrel Race
(Schofields Shearing - Mick Schofield 0429 779 002)
Novice Barrel Race
Monaro Wool Services Novice Saddle Bronc
Gunyah Hereford Stud Novice Bareback
Gavin Patton Plumbing Novice Bull Ride
(Winner receives the Ricky Brazulaitis Memorial Buckle donated by Lynn Brazulaitis)
Junior Steer 8-U11
Junior Steer 11-U14
Alpine Motor Group Juvenile Steer 14-U18
Cooma Furnishings Junior Barrel U11
Junior Barrel 11-U14
Baileys Contracting Services Juvenile Barrel 14-U18
Macks Auto and Tyre Plus Breakaway Roping 8-U18
Cochran Horse Treks & Cloyne Valley Farm Poley Buckjump
(Winner receives a trophy donated by Cochran Horse Treks & Cloyne Valley Farm)
Open Steer Wrestling
Open Rope & Tie
Open Team Roping
Ladies Steer Undecorating
Local Barrel Race
Monbeef Local Steer 8-U16
Brazza's Construction Local Ladies Steer
Entries will be open on the 3rd February 2020 for the Local Barrel Race, Local Steer Ride 8-U16 and the Local Ladies Steer Ride by contacting Secretary (Jenny Solomon 0402 275 668) who will issue a Reference Number. This Reference Number must accompany payment to Cooma Rodeo Inc Bank Deposit at the time of entry. Entries will close off in each event when 10 entries are received and Entry Fee paid. In the event of the event being cancelled full entry fee paid will be refunded. A Local is considered to be a person who is a resident of the Snowy Monaro Regional Council area.
Conditions of entry:
1. Competitors in Local Events must ride unassisted to be considered for a qualified ride.
2. ABCRA Rules must be adhered to including safety equipment and dress.
3. Maximum of 10 riders in each event.
4. All entrants must report to Rodeo Office on the day of the Rodeo by 10am to sign a waiver. NO WAIVER NO ENTRY TO ARENA.
5. Local Events will be split into 2 Divisions with 1st Division being competitors who are entered in the AgriWest Rodeo Open Events via ABCRA and 2nd Division being competitors who have not entered the AgriWest Rodeo Open Events via ABCRA.
6. Entry Fees will be - Local Barrel Race $20 ($10 added back to Jackpot for first place in each Division), Local Ladies Steer Ride $30 ($20 added back to Jackpot for first place in each Division) and Local Steer Ride 8-U16 $30 ($20 added back to Jackpot for first place in each Division).
7. Competitors will be required to be a member of the ABCRA. Day Membership is available – Seniors $45, Juniors (U18) $20. (Includes Personal Accident Insurance Levy).
There are still opportunities to purchase naming rights to an event at the 2021 Rodeo
Please make contact through the 'Contact Us' page